The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Java Developer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Java Developer for a Contract to Hire opportunity Baltimore, MD.
- Researching, designing, developing, and/or modifying user interfaces / applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Participate in customer team meetings and discussions to understand business and technical requirements.
- Apply technical expertise to recommend technical solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development.
- Compile periodic reports and interface on a daily/weekly basis with customer and Northrop Grumman management as a prime technical contact.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development lifecycle.
- Provide oversight and drive process integration, application development, and ongoing enhancement of a new and existing system.
- Work with customer to implement web applications within customer environment and comply with policy requirements (e.g. section 508 web accessibility compliance).
- Create required documentation such as design documents and unit test plans, and participate in code reviews and presentations.
- Establish meetings to determine tasks to accomplish goals/objectives and follow-up on tasks through subsequent meetings.
- Partner with the business architects, technical architects and other technical areas to understand their needs, and to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner to meet the business needs.
- Communicate effectively with various roles including architects, project managers, and other developers to solve technical issues and problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of related experience, Master’s degree and 5 years of related experience or 11 years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Candidate must have more than 3+ years’ experience with:
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to include all phases of web application development and maintenance.
- JQuery, Java, IBM Web Sphere, Git, MKS, Web Services, DB2, Junit, SQL, Maven.
- Web design and development for user-oriented and management information needs.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Prior SSA or Federal consulting experience.
- Experience with Section 508 web accessibility compliance.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- JAVA and/or Oracle knowledge.
- Agile Methodology.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job