The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Technical Manager, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Technical Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
- This is a hands-on technical manager position.
- The Manager will participate in the design of technical architecture, development of software, integration of third party applications and lead a team of software engineers to accomplish these goals.
- Particular areas of emphasis for the Manager include company’s Digital initiatives, application support, vendor management, change control, application readiness assurance (testing), project management, and bridging functional requirements with technical capabilities.
- This position must be able to manage the systems complexity with the proper balance of leadership, energy and detail orientation.
- Follow the company development methodology (SDLC) and project life-cycle to understand requirements, plan, architect & develop software systems and deploy applications consistent with change control procedures.
- Ensure that documentation, procedures, methodologies, development environments and systems are in place and utilized to support effective service delivery.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget with quality results as per business requirements.
- Partner with Business Units to deliver systems & support business as usual activities.
- Ensure critical tickets, ad hoc support requests and enhancement requests are addressed.
- Lead the development of application code to enable web portals and web services/API functionality using the Microsoft.NET development framework with SQL Server back-end.
- Collaborate with IT engineers for server setup, infrastructure specifications and monitoring of deployments tasks.
- Collaborate with Data Management team for database design, development, maintenance and production support needs.
- Utilize source code control software such as TFS & Git to store and manage code versions.
- Review the code and application designs produced by consultants and provide instruction and guidance to ensure work is completed to the company standards of quality and performance.
- Conduct code security reviews & provide audit support.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Test plans with involved business units.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure contract terms, SLA and performance agreements are met and changes/enhancements/bugs are managed appropriately.
- Establish goals and conduct performance reviews for team members and participate in recruitment of new resources.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and management of key corporate and departmental strategies. This includes corporate initiatives, global projects, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in the management of information technology resources is required; Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical proficiency with applications architecture, frameworks and enterprise solutions delivery.
- A proven track record of accomplishment in managing and controlling multiple projects and working within a team environment: Strong project management experience required.
- Prior experience interfacing between business and technical teams to gather requirements, estimate projects and report progress is required.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft development platform required.
- Previous experience managing off-shore delivery teams.
- Previous experience with vendor management and TPAs.
- Previous experience with secure development practices and knowledge of OWASP Top Ten is a plus.
- Previous experience supporting production batch jobs is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong applications architecture/development/programming knowledge.
- Able to produce in a fast-paced environment while addressing multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience communicating technical concepts and ideas to senior executives and non-technical end-users, including excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile/SCRUM, Waterfall, RAD, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of MS.NET Framework, web and database concepts.
- Willingness to learn new complex concepts and processes.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Results oriented keeping in mind the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of industry best practices.
- Keeps up with the future state of technology.
- Sound analytical, judgment and decision making skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The incumbent may often sit for extended periods of time during meetings and at their workstations in front of a computer.
- Must be able to work in a fast-pace team environment and handle multiple projects and assignments under tight deadlines.
- Availability to work flexible hours or travel if needed to accommodate business needs.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job