The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Cloud DevOps Manager, Herndon, VA
Our client is seeking a Cloud DevOps Manager for a contract opportunity in Herndon, VA.
Manages a team of technical staff that supports critical IT operations and application development in a cloud environment. Work to support operational excellence and institute a DevOps framework across a multi-disciplinary team. Will provide guidance to technical staff and be responsible for the development of project plans, schedules, and spend plans. Will work with technical staff to develop operational efficiencies through automation, continuous improvement, and keeping pace with current technology trends.
- Lead responsible for the management and oversight of cloud services delivery for multiple applications.
- Interact with IT engineers and development teams to design, plan, and execute application migrations from data center infrastructures to cloud environments.
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of large, complex projects with a distributed team of technical and non-technical staff.
- Identify, track, and mitigate issues and risks.
- Communicate status information to stakeholders in a highly effective manner to ensure build confidence within and around the team.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Identify, develop, and grow talent in the Cloud Services team.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT infrastructure services or development field.
- 5+ years of experience leading IT engineering teams of 5 or more.
- 2-5 years of experience in a cloud environment.
- Understanding of cloud services including AWS, Azure, and private cloud.
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project to manage tasks and communicate and update stakeholders and team members.
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in driving DevOps methodologies.
- Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
- Ability to drive task prioritization across many independent and interdependent teams.
- Ability to lead projects using the Scrum/Agile framework.
- Must be in the Baltimore/DC area and able to travel to area client sites as needed.
- Per clearance requirements, Green card holder or US Citizen only.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- Training and Certification in cloud technologies and services.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job