The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
AWS Cloud Architect, Herndon, VA
Our client is seeking a AWS Cloud Architect for a contract to hire opportunity in Herndon, VA.
Designs and defines enterprise, primarily cloud based, for applications and infrastructure. This individual will architect and design Cloud solutions including public cloud (i.e. AWS) and private cloud offerings. Ensure cloud and application architectures are appropriate for cloud hosting and be the trusted advisor of the software development and cloud infrastructure teams. Work to ensure cloud and application architectures embrace the DevOps and Agile philosophies and ensure solutions allow for the implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and delivery of software, continuous integration/deployment, automation of tasks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
- Define the Cloud Architecture for both pure and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Be the go to person for Cloud Architectures. Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them to design solutions for complex business problems.
- Work with Security teams to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies.
- Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
- Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
- Plan, organize, and execute multiple responsibilities to achieve project goals and provide technical leadership to move projects to completion.
- Work with teams to practice continuous improvement in processes and tooling. Develop and manage KPIs to measure performance and alignment with business objectives.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Training and Certification in cloud technologies and services.
- 15-20 or more years of related information technology experience.
- Demonstrated experience in infrastructure, development and operations of enterprise systems.
- 3-5 years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Private).
- Experience with practical implementations of continuous integration tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, or Microsoft TFS.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Delivery tools.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Familiarity with microservices architecture, working experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.
- Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
- Must be in the Baltimore/DC area and able to travel to area client sites as needed.
- Due to clearance requirements, Green card holder or US Citizen only.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job