Senior Cloud Architect, Remote
Our client is seeking a Senior Cloud Architect for a Remote Contract opportunity.
Will support a client in Washington, DC.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to lead a team in developing a cloud migration strategy and roadmap. The Senior Cloud Architect will help plan, organize, and manage a cross-functional team to ensure successful performance consistent with contractual agreements for our federal client in Washington, DC. The Senior Cloud Architect will lead one or more senior technical teams and mentor direct report(s) to grow the leadership team on the project.
The Senior Cloud Architect must be an expert and intimately familiar with cloud market trends. You will provide deep domain expertise regarding virtualization and cloud technologies as related to on premise and off premise private clouds, public, community and hybrid clouds. You should be well versed in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. You will help clients establish a cloud strategy to consolidate data centers and migrate to cloud. Architect solutions around AWS, Azure, vCloud Air and other Converged infrastructure stacks like CPS, HCP, VCE, etc. Provide cloud strategy and architecture expertise providing life cycle management for secure cloud based workloads and cloud migration solutions using proven methodologies, tools and workload “treatments”.
- Oversees all aspects of solution development, architecture and management processes from concept ideation through development, launch and maintenance. Interfaces with development, account and executive management to develop and grow their portfolio of solutions and offerings and to increase company productivity and profits.
- Promotes use of strategic solutions and offerings by the business development community and provides support to sales/proposal teams during the launch phase of the life cycle. Participates in solution selling activities to ensure that marketing plans align with sales and launch plans.
- Provides leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problem faced by client and benefits available from company solutions and services. Translates customer requirements into operational strategies associated with each solution and offering to ensure client needs are met in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Researches existing business environment including trends, best practices and company preferred architectural frameworks and alliances to ensure company services match business trends. Suggests appropriate upgrades or relevant solutions to enhance company competency in meeting changing business needs.
- Interfaces and participates in business development discussions across cross-functional teams and internal and external executive managements to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation.
- Facilitates reduced risks to client and company; manages solution profits and losses; participates in solution business plan creation; monitors solution financial performance against plan; assists in preparing financial models to ensure that client interests are met.
- Identifies business requirements; evaluates concepts such as market timing, compelling event and problem identification to ensure that delivered solutions meet both short and long-term company and client business performance expectations.
- Develops, defines, promotes and oversees larger or more complex strategic solutions, architectures and offerings (either global or industry-specific) by combining business, solutions, sales and marketing expertise.
- Deep knowledge of AWS, MSFT Azure, VCloud Air, and other cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of cloud management technologies such as CliQr, Agility, vRealize, ServiceNow, Cloud Checkr, VM Turbo and others.
- Experience with cloud system and application migration and generation of related business case.
- Familiarity with migration processes and technologies such as EMC Adaptivity, Racemi, and others.
- Deep knowledge of security standards such as FedRamp, Fisma and SRG.
- Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, Cloud Foundry, Docker is preferred.
- Knowledge designing CI/CD tool chain, PaaS, and enabling DevOps in a cloud environment.
- Relevant certifications in cloud architecture and cloud service providers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Nine or more years of business solutions experience
- Experience working with company products and services, business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with business environment, business industry and competitor products and services
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software
- Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables
- Experience working with administrative and/or workflow systems
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and management
- Strong skills at managing risks during product launches
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
- 12 + years of business solutions experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to define technology road maps and evaluate total-cost-of-ownership of solutions. Experience working with Infrastructure and cloud solutions and related company products and services.
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, product-line hardware and software.
- Experience working with office productivity tools; delivery assurance and/or industry standards on deliverables.
- Per public trust clearance requirements, US Citizen or Greencard Holders only.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job