The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Cloud Network Engineer, Chantilly, VA
Our client is seeking a Senior Cloud Network Engineer for a Contract opportunity in Chantilly, VA.
- We are looking for a Senior Cloud Network Engineer to develop and implement a network technology roadmap and to engineer network solutions for cloud-based projects The Senior Cloud Network Engineer will help design and implement cloud-based projects for our federal client in Washington, DC. The Senior Network Engineer will implement multiple projects and/or lead one or more engineers in developing solutions and migrating existing applications and services to the cloud. Candidate will also mentor direct report(s) to grow the leadership team on the project.
- The Senior Cloud Network Engineer is a network expert and is intimately familiar with network market technologies. He/She is responsible for applying evolving technologies, techniques and frameworks to create and deliver network solutions for clients. Responsible for designing and implementing solutions to move clients from legacy to integrated network tools and processes and preparing and delivering technical presentations. Analyze functional requirements and develop plans and solutions for moderately complex to complex systems related to systems architecture, networking and telecommunications. Implement, test and deploy solutions. Perform cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-efficient operations, and measure feasibility of various approaches. Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify skills and resources required for tasks. Assigns work and provides guidance with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with LAN/WANs working with multiple technical platforms (e.g.; mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and multiple network systems (e.g.; Novell, Windows NT, etc). Experience with data, voice and video network systems and networking principles. Designs and plans network systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to define technology roadmaps and evaluate total-cost-of-ownership of solutions. Ability to work effectively with no supervision.
- Network architecture development experience to include routing, switching, QoS, Call Admission Control, traffic shaping, and UC system monitoring and management in large government or commercial environments.
- Public and private cloud communication architectures including SaaS; IPAM, DNS, DHCP, ACLs, LAN/WAN switch. virtual switching, virtual routing and QoS;
- Visio expertise
- Per public trust clearance requirements, US Citizens or Greencard Holders only.
- Microsoft 365, Skype for Business.
- Enterprise Voice experience; Avaya CM 6.3 or Cisco UC in multi-vendor environments.
- Experience with automoted Network monitoring and stress testing tools combined with capacity planning.
- Enterprise network security including firewalls, Secure DNS and DHCP.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job