The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Lync/Skype SME, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Lync/Skype SME for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
The candidate will be a member of an Operations Team providing support for all aspects of customers Lync/Skype infrastructure and responsible for providing Wintel technical support for multiple enterprise data centers. Serve as the Lead Lync/Skype Engineer for implementation and configuration an enterprise unified communications system.
- Execute major changes to the Active Directory to include Organization Unit structure, Group Policy creation/modification, etc.
- Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems (i.e. Network Drive mapping, log inspection, scripting, reporting, systems enhancements and etc.) for both internal/external customers including vendors.
- Manage Windows Server 2008/2012 domain for a large user base in a multiple domain forest configuration. This includes Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, creation and deletion of user accounts, and managing access controls.
- Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on HP Bladeframes.
- Support several hundred Virtual Machines in both the production and development environments.
- Troubleshoot complex AD problems. Install configure, maintain, and troubleshoot 2008/2012 servers in advanced configurations such as clusters.
- Be available for night and weekend on-call rotations.
- Work with application owners and developers for applications hosted on Windows and other x86 based hardware.
- These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule.
- Strong experience deploying, managing, and migrating Lync Server 2010 to Skype for Business.
- Strong experience managing Lync/Skype for Business audio, video and telephony solutions as well as integration with Exchange/Office 365
- Strong experience working with Skype for business VoIP and related telephony technologies such as SIP trunks, PRI gateways, etc.
- Experience working with Lync/Skype for Business third-party telephony/video integration solutions from Audiocodes, Polycom, etc. is preferable.
- Advanced Windows 2008/2012 server administration, server builds, troubleshooting support
- TCP/IP network troubleshooting
- Outlook client administration and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and internet fundamentals
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Lync with experience in managing medium to large environments.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft client/server platforms, networking impacts on Lync architecture, and scripting (Powershell).
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot all aspects of Lync effectively including patch management, Operating System Deployment, reporting, and logging.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
- VMWare experience
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Windows Server 2008/2012 NTFS and share permission, inheritance, file ownership
- Active Directory Group/User object manipulation
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP
- Solid understanding of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPO’s
- ESX Host VMware experience
- TCP/IP network troubleshooting
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with VDI technology
- Familiarity with Blade Frame technologies
- Printer configuration and management
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job