The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Desktop Operations Lead, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Desktop Operations Lead for a Contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- Lead a team in the day to day delivery of best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment of 4000+ seats (PC, Laptop, Mac), and 1000+ mobile devices.
- Oversee end user support including service requests, moves/adds/changes, and trouble ticket resolution in an Enterprise environment, secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations.
- Leverage expertise with solutions help desk, ticketing, ITIL service management, SLA management, root cause determination, and IT service management.
- Provide advice, technical consultation, and guidance by analyzing and resolving problems and evaluating alternative means of satisfying user requirements, research and implement new technology to service the client and the team while staying up to date on the latest solutions, and communicate with the vendors to ensure the best option is provided.
- Oversee multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices, identify reoccurring issues, and work with IT and business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions and documents requirements, including conducting requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, and validating requirements with stakeholders as they relate to current environments and future trends.
- Manage cross work-unit groups for the purpose of deploying IT solutions or promoting structured software engineering and process improvement initiatives across an enterprise and apply best practices for IT solutions.
- Design deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades.
- Provide coaching, technical guidance, and training to team members and secure baseline image creation for multiple hardware configurations.
- Per Public Trust clearance requirements, US Citizenship is required.
- Individual should be a hands on lead with best practice experience in enterprise desktop deployment and management.
- Excellent track record of organizing and leading teams to deliver exceptional customer service – will manage a team of 10-20 people
- 10+ years of experience in a professional work environment.
- 7+ years of experience managing IT teams in desktop service and support (Windows and Mac)
- 5+ Years experience managing IT service delivery in an enterprise IT environment
- 5+ years of experience in leadership of projects in support of service automation and IT support
- 5+ years in support and best practice knowledge of
- Best practice knowledge of help desk and customer support tools, technologies, processes
- Able to develop a positive, supportive, team oriented work environment
- Able to develop and continuously improve operational processes and practices
- Experience with ITIL/ITSM or other service delivery frameworks – and making them real
- Large campus support experience desirable
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving technical issues for end-users, problem ticket escalation, and proactive service/support
- Should possess knowledge of a variety of applications and desktop PC environments including Windows 7, 8, 10; Office and Office 365, Antivirus and Malware tools, Asset management tools, troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Casper, DEP and VPP for Enterprise Apple management is also highly desirable
- Ability to provide coaching, technical guidance, and training to team members
- Ability to guide the team and directly assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to develop stable core, standard desktop images – and departmental overlays
- Ability to lead a team in developing rigorous testing disciplines to ensure stable computing platforms
- Knowledge of a variety of tools and best practices in enterprise systems management
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of ITIL practices a plus
- ServiceNow experience, Remote control /remote support tools, troubleshooting and diagnostics tools
- SLA management and performance reporting
- Microsoft A+, MCSE, or other related certifications a plus
- PMI/PMP certification for project management a plus
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices
- Ability to identify reoccurring issues and work with IT and business partners to remediate using the problem management process
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions and documents requirements, including conducting requirements gathering sessions, documenting requirements, and validating requirements with stakeholders as they relate to current environments and future trends for the purpose of deploying IT solutions or promoting structured systems engineering and process improvement initiatives across an enterprise and applying best practices for IT solutions
- Ability to design deployment solutions for Enterprise-wide rollouts and upgrades
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job