The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer, Suitland, MD
Our client is seeking a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer for a Contract opportunity in Suitland, MD.
- Transition the client's user base to a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment. Leverage experience with VDI and application virtualization in architecting and implementing VDI in a Windows 7 and 10 and Citrix XenDesktop and Microsoft App-V environments.
- Leverage experience with implementing Citrix NetScaler capability for secure remote access.
- Plan and transition federal clients to a VDI environment.
- Design the overall VDI solution and conduct planning, requirements analysis, implementation, post implementation support, training, and maintenance of the VDI solution.
- Ensure that the client's performance, security, user experience, reliability, availability, and all other functional and nonfunctional requirements are met.
- Work with IT and business stakeholders throughout the implementation effort.
- 6+ years of experience with technology, including designing and implementing desktop, applications, and server virtualization solutions.
- Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and application virtualization in architecting and implementing VDI for a Windows 7 and 10 and Citrix XenDesktop and Microsoft App-V environments.
- Experience with implementing Citrix NetScaler capability for secure remote access.
- Experience with successfully planning and transitioning federal clients to a VDI environment.
- Experience with virtualization, including Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware vSphere, or Microsoft App-V and remote access, including Citrix NetScaler, Access Gateway, or Juniper VPN.
- Experience with security and management, including Juniper, Netscreen firewalls, or McAfee Endpoint Security.
- Experience with servers, including Dell PowerEdge, operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 and Server 2012 and networks, including Cisco and Citrix Netscaler load balancing devices.
- Ability to design the overall VDI solution and conduct planning, requirements analysis, implementation, post implementation support, training, and maintenance of the VDI solution.
- Ability to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- BA or BS degree.
- Experience with virtualizing SAS and STATA preferred.
- Ability to work with IT and business stakeholders throughout the implementation effort.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including briefing senior leaders or working with technology SMEs.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) Certification for XenDesktop preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certification preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job