The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
PostgreSQL Database Administrator, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a PostgreSQL Database Administrator for a Contract to Hire opportunity Baltimore, MD.
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the current standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 10+ years of professional experience.
- Day-to day administration of PostgreSQL databases in AWS.
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture.
- Drive end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments.
- Conduct technical reviews and walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability.
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects.
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment.
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns.
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with Hadoop distribution experience, such as Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, etc. is a plus.
- Experience working in a cloud environment like AWS/Google cloud is a plus.
- Experience setting up and managing PostgreSql on AWS RDS is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job