The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Java Application Developer, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Java Application Developer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
- This individual will be developing open source healthcare software applications in a Java environment using: Spring Framework, Spring Boot, AngularJS/Angular2, HTML5 and CSS3.
- The individual will work in an Agile software development team environment and must be capable of designing, developing and implementing solutions for our customers.
- The successful candidate must be a team player with the passion to be hands-on in coding and implementing a top-quality software product.
- Must possess the talent to research, analyze and design software solutions to solve difficult technical and business domain challenges.
- The individual should be passionate and knowledgeable about the profession of developing software and be comfortable working in a collegial and collaborative setting where they will both provide guidance to and receive guidance from other developers.
- 5+ years professional programming experience in Java.
- 3+ years in Java development with expertise in Spring Framework, and Dependency injection.
- Experience with: Object Oriented Analysis & Design patterns.
- Experience developing unit tests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Java-based solution design and hands-on coding which must include at least 2 years of experience developing in the Spring framework. Must have an advanced level of development experience with Spring framework. Must have experience with Dependency injection.
- Understanding of, and experience with Unit Testing methods, tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented (OO) design patterns and patterns of enterprise application architecture.
- Hands-on experience at an advanced level using the following tools/software: Git, Maven, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA.
- Ability to communicate effectively and transfer knowledge to the technical/management team and during peer review.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Experience developing applications in the healthcare IT solutions industry.
- Experience with AngularJS/Angular2.
- Experience working on an Agile software development team.
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Linux.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job