The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
ETL Developer, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking an ETL Developer for a Contract to hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
- The successful candidate will work with cross-functional team of users and customers to document and strategize for data management, analysis, and storage.
- Identify data storage needs required to build fact and summary tables based on source data.
- Develop data warehouse functionality – build data warehousing system from technical and functional specifications that meets needs and work with a development team to build the warehouse.
- Extract, Transformation and Load data – extract necessary data and transfer it to new system.
- Test and troubleshoot – test designs of new system to ensure smooth operations and fix any issues that arise.
- Identify and capture lessons learned, best practices, and information gained during performance of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience extracting and summarizing data from a variety of data source types using Oracle SQL.
- Experience in using Oracle PLSQL.
- Dimensional modeling experience.
- Experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements.
- Understanding of business intelligence development in the IT industry.
- Ability to learn and implement new and different techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Position of Public Trust is required and candidate must successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting.
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience.
- IBM Rational toolset experience.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job