- This position is for a Senior Firewall Engineer\Administrator working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- This team is responsible for the installation, administration, and monitoring of a diverse suite of security tools within multiple datacenters.
- The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator and may provide work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices.
- Design, implement, and maintain security standards/policies/procedures.
- Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes.
- Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management processes.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity.
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must.
- The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues.
- Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network.
- Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto.
- Exposure to Websense proxy configuration and management and RSA 2-factor authentication.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.