The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Software Developer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Software Developer for a Contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
- The Sr. Software Engineer will be working with a team of developers on our client's Scheduling and Registration systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of Agile software development process.
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to produce working software in bi-weekly iterations.
- Participate actively in team discussions around product and processes.
- Write automated tests to improve and maintain code coverage of our code base.
- Understand the importance of scheduling/deadlines with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Design and develop solutions with the latest .Net framework using C# programming language and Visual Studio.
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Maintain legacy systems as needed.
- Conduct and participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- Manage source code and builds in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Work with QC teams to adequately support testing efforts.
- Develop and troubleshoot stored procedures in SQL Server.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to review and analyze system requirements.
- Create project presentations for non-technical audience.
- Create technical documentation for internal and external clients that accurately describe the configuration of technology utilized to implement a solution.
- Develop new technical knowledge and professional skills on a continual basis.
- Complete the deliverables on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 5+ years professional software development experience with C#, ASP.NET Forms, Web Services, Windows Services, MSMQ, WPF, MVC.
- Passionate about learning technologies, and have experience with modern engineering techniques (Unit testing, dependency injection, continuous integration, etc.)
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude with a strong-sense of ownership.
- Experience with T-SQL, MS SQL, including writing SQL statements and stored procedures.
- Experience with SilverLight, COM, VB is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies, Agile preferred.
- Experience working in a global development organization is preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job