Automation Test Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Automation Test Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- Design test plans for complex distributed systems in accordance with overall testing strategy.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Investigate and debug test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary and provide test coverage analysis based on automation results.
- Regularly leads team through preparing and estimation sessions to define acceptance criteria, ensures that the team's acceptance criteria for stories and tasks is appropriate and being met universally.
- Quality Assurance to ensure full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, as well as full regression testing for all previously implemented functionality in every sprint.
- Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect ongoing Automation efforts.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used.
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics and provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process. Understand your role in HIPAA compliance and be able to execute that role in an effective manner.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree and 14 years of experience, or 18 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of experience in developing and maintaining automated testing framework and infrastructure.
- Core Java technical expertise including JEE, O/R Mapping, SQL, UNIX scripting, UML, Eclipse, Frameworks (Struts, Spring) , HTML, CSS, multi-threading, SOAP/REST and MVC, object oriented design and design pattern.
- Experience with Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, and SQL Server.
- Experience with Unit Testing tools such as Junit, TestNG, and Cucumber.
- Experience in working in an Agile Development environment and automating application developed in Agile Development environment.
- Experience in developing automated test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, acceptance criteria, test data, investigating, and debugging test failures, updating tests or reporting bugs as necessary.
- Experience in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Experience in capturing and reusing automated Unit Test cases, Test Stubs and Drivers and other development test objects
- Experience in using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites to perform automated dynamic testing.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) disability experience is a plus.
- Excellent team building skills, including cross-functional team building.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Visio, and SharePoint.
- Experience in using VersionOne and HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Object-oriented programming skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.