The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
IT Architect , Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a IT Architect for a contract to hire opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
- Responsible for supporting and conducting architecture analyses and recommendations based changes to interactions and interfaces between systems and documentation of the to-be architecture.
- Work closely with other partners to understand the customer needs and to develop diagrams and product roadmaps.
- Maintain existing and develop new enterprise diagrams to clearly reflect at a high-level depiction of partners’ impacted systems and their relationships.
- Provide ongoing support to project work streams throughout the program/project/technology lifecycle on a required basis Provide input into conceptual designs to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture governance (e.g., principles, policies, standards, future-state reference architectures).
- Review implementation to ensure alignment with conceptual design, and help in resolving any operational issues.
- Assess potential impacts to affected systems and processes, and provide recommendations for requirements and/or design changes.
- Ensure that approved solutions and artifacts are captured in applicable repository, SharePoint or any Tools as directed by the project.
- Incorporate software and system architecture (e.g., infrastructure, network) into conceptual designs (e.g., system flow diagrams, Visio diagrams).
- Review conceptual designs to ensure applicability/quality/comprehensiveness.
- Contribute to/review design documents and make recommendations for improvement to ensure applicability/comprehensiveness.
- 8+ years of post-collegiate work experience in the IT field.
- 8+ years of experience in systems development life-cycle, systems engineering & architecture, enterprise application integration, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in solutions architecture.
- Professional experience developing and delivering presentations on solution and business case/value to senior level IT executives.
- Knowledge of Federal Government contracting.
- Ability to create architecture diagrams and models.
- Knowledgeable in industry practices and technologies (eg. Cloud, Software as a Service, Web Services, SOA, Big Data technologies, Mobile, Social Media, etc.)
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative to anticipate needs in areas of responsibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including facilitation, influencing and negotiation.
- Be highly organized to ensure tracking of multiple work streams and documenting decisions and requested changes.
- Federal Healthcare Experience (eg. HHS, CMS, VA, DHA).
- Knowledge of Security and PII concerns in the Federal IT arena.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job