The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Proposal Writer, Baltimore, MD
The ACI Group, Inc. is seeking a contract Proposal Writer.
The Proposal Writer will help to oversee all proposal activities, including managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal content/outline, and monitoring the progress of the proposal.
- Assist the Business Development and Senior Leadership teams in managing and directing all proposal efforts.
- Manage the full cycle RFP process including, analysis, research, writing, and editing of responses.
- Direct the creation and review of a proposal outline that will be used as a key document design and control medium.
- Review completed proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed according to required guidelines.
- Provide quality control of the entire proposal process including written responses, finance and project management requests, IT, editing, and final submission.
- Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the Agency’s issues and needs.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to manage all proposal tasks and track progress against internal and external deadlines.
- Research and identify appropriate content to support business development activities.
- Become familiar with business development activities and understand competitors and industry trends.
- Assist in gathering and analyzing customer insight to identify opportunities for sales/marketing campaigns.
- Responds to technical and cost clarifications submitted by Agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal writing experience in response to Information Technology RFPs. Highly prefer prior experience writing proposals in response to RFPs for the State of Maryland.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Preferably in Business, English, Journalism or related field
- Expert writing abilities—skilled at writing clean, sales-driven marketing copy in a variety of voices, while equally expert at copy-editing.
- Expert knowledge of grammar and style.
- Strong collaboration, team-building and motivation skills.
- Ability to critically assess content quality and utility, and to drive for top-quality content and uncompromising accuracy.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to quickly absorb new information; to develop and articulate innovative, tailored solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build relationships at all levels and across organizations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job