The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Network VoIP Engineer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Network VoIP Engineer for a Contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
- Plan, design and implement local and remote voice communications hardware, software and procedures.
- Maintain technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing voice and/or video systems.
- Oversee and maintain voice network configurations.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate voice network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams.
- Provide regular monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Design networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- Perform installation, testing, maintenance of documentation and support of Voice Communications network infrastructure components.
- Evaluate and recommend voice communication network technologies to enhance capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Maintain technical expertise in areas of voice network hardware and software.
- Perform design, integration, and analysis for a Cisco voice telecom system.
- Call Manager.
- LAN/WAN networking equipment and protocols.
- Planning and execution of major component upgrades and installations for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services network consisting of VoIP technologies.
- Integration of new components into existing infrastructure including call routing and transfer, system management tools, call logging and reporting capabilities.
- Develop, support and maintain operations of Cisco voice communication technologies including SIP integration fault isolation and resolution, and end-user support.
- Services provided will include customer moves/adds/changes and may require after hours and/or weekend support.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Cisco Voice Network infrastructure and best practices Technical knowledge of trunking, VoIP phones, and wiring.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco voice communication technologies.
- Perform moves, adds and changes and desktop support for Cisco Unified IP Phones.
- Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher certification.
- WebEx/Cisco WebEx Meeting Server (CWMS).
- Automated Call Distribution (ACD).
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – hardware and management tool experience.
- Provide support to engineering and proposal development teams in the design and deployment of new technology infusions.
- Planning and executing the deployment and liaising with Government technologist regarding system requirements, design, and operation.
- Experience with Remedy Incident and Service Request management workflow
- Data Communications Networks, Teleconferencing, Mobile Devices.
- Proficiency in evaluating business requirements, processes, technologies, applications, and information systems.
- Daily duties will include responding to customer originated trouble tickets and service request along with planning and executing controlled changes within the infrastructure.
- Presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Possess excellent logical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with the customer and design/development teams.
- Knowledge and experience in proposal development.
- Project implementation background.
- Experience with Avaya and/or Microsoft based voice communication systems.
- Excels in collaborative work in environment.
- Voice Mailbox Management.
- Ability to understand and assist in solving telecommunication problems or telecom network infrastructure issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users.
- Provide desk side user education for use of phone and voice mail.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Good judgment and analytical skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Skills with Microsoft office and Visio.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert – Voice (CCIE - Voice).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job