The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Software Test Specialist, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking a Software Test Specialist for a contract opportunity in Rockville, MD.
This position requires blackbox testing activities to support the development of Clinical Trials Research Management applications for the company, which is CMMI Level 3 certified. The job entails providing thorough test coverage, based on the project requirements, and identifying, reporting, and validating defects.
- Share acquired skills with team members.
- Mentor more junior members of the software testing team.
- Understanding of following technical concepts/tools/etc.:
- Software testing methodology
- Software development processes and relevant best practices
- Testing and change management tools, e.g., ClearQuest, Atlassian/JIRA
- Basic relational database concepts
- Follow through with commitments.
- Methodical approach and attention to detail.
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project-related Responsibilities:
- Define verification plans
- Use critical thinking to design and execute test cases / scenarios
- Identify, investigate, and prioritize software defects
- Participate in peer reviews of requirements and related documents
- Write SQL scripts to inspect data loaded to database in support of verification activities
- Work within Rational tool suite or Atlassian tool suite
- Run and analyze results from automated test scripts
- Effectively communicate with project manager and other team members both orally and in writing
- 2+ years experience in software testing including black-box testing, scenario-based testing, and regression testing of web-based and client server applications.
- “Hands-on” experience working as a tester within the Rational tool suite or Atlassian tool suite.
- BS/BA, BS in technical discipline preferred.
- Experience testing applications in MS Windows using different browser versions.
- Working knowledge of MS-Office applications.
- Experience working under the Agile methodology
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Knowledge of clinical trials and their conduct
- Experience working in a CMMI environment
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job