- Work with software application developers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, and upgrade process of Applications developed by different development groups and teams.
- Implement COTS installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production.
- Install and configure systems, custom and third party software packages.
- Translate development team requirements into Application/System configuration.
- Coordinate tasks between Development teams and Systems team.
- Constantly evaluate and improve current processes or design and implement new processes to meet business needs.
- Use their Systems and Networking knowledge to isolate and fix application problems.
- Someone with hands-on experience with CI/CD process. Bamboo, BitBucket, little bit experience with Python/Django environments.
- LINUX/Solaris Administration.
- Strong Scripting Skills in Python/Bash/Perl* (sh/ksh/csh/tcsh) and the ability to script on systems using VI/VIM or EMACS.
- Desired Experience.
- Maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems
- Apache Server administration.
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Applications and Application servers.
- Application Deployment - Java ,Standalone Custom Apps, COTS Products.
- Version Control Software Setup, Administration, Configuration (GIT, Subversion, CVS).
- BigIP F5 Loadbalancing Software or other Global and Local Traffic Management Appliances.
- Experience Integrating/Configuring Coldfusion, Tomcat (any Java Application Server), Docker, Phusion Passenger, or Vagrant.
- Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- AWS Cloud experience.
- A sysadmin who spent some time as a developer and understands current devops models and software development trends for publishing web applications.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.