The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Health Economist, Remote or Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Health Economist for a Contract opportunity.
Remote work is acceptable, however preference will be for candidates who can be available at times for on-site meetings in Woodlawn, MD.
Immediate contract opportunity work as part of a team supporting CMS in implementing the Merit-based Incentive Payment System mandated by the MACRA legislation.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a Health Economics and Research strategy in support of customer requests.
- This individual is responsible for the conduct of outcomes research studies (regulatory impact analysis, health economics, health services research, patient-reported outcomes, and retrospective data analyses).
- The individual will have extensive experience with policy and data driven analytic work focusing on major public health care programs.
- This individual needs to be a strong communicator with excellent collaboration skills.
- Develop and manage Health economics and outcomes research agenda; Provide guidance and oversight for the planning, design, development and implementation of quantitative or quality research projects on various CMS and HHS topics.
- Direct project teams that are responsible for project planning for internal and external policy analysis and research
- Lead complex economic research projects, particularly in payment policy and outcomes research.
- This includes developing and managing project plans, determining appropriate methodologies and approach, coordinating the work of others, complex data analysis, presenting and defending results to internal and external audiences, preparing presentations and publications, and properly documenting the project work.
- Design studies, including preparation of protocols and study design reports in collaboration with customers, clinical experts or health economists.
- Design decision-analytic models and database analyses
- Oversee implementation of analyses of databases using SAS, R, or other software languages.
- Evaluate CMS and HHS policies and programs, conduct literature reviews, develop options for considerations by CMS/HHS.
- Provide oversight to ensure the integrity of the databases and accuracy of statistical reports and data summaries, including graphics and tables that portray data, for use in policy analyses, research papers, briefings, and reports.
- Manage professional development activities for policy and program staff.
- Present research at scientific conferences and publish manuscripts.
- Keep apprised of technical developments in the field and share best practices
- Strategic consulting experience to government healthcare clients providing innovation solutions in Health Economics and Research.
- Extensive C-level consulting experience for major federal health-related organizations in the US, working on health care system and policy issues.
- Demonstrated expert-level, technical knowledge of the health care system generally, state and federal policy and program issues, specifically, as well as the ability to apply knowledge outside of subject matter expertise and a willingness to learn about new complex healthcare issues.
- Expert research, problem solving, and analytic skills, including the ability to analyze and understand health policy trends from the perspective of multiple CMS and HHS policy and program stakeholders.
- Experience with designing and conducting observational, non-interventional studies is required.
- Hands on experience in evaluating health care interventions and conducting health economics, health related quality of life, and/or health services research studies.
- In depth knowledge of clinical research, clinical trial design, patient reported outcomes, and economic models and analysis.
- Good working knowledge of reimbursement and claims data systems.
- Experience working for or with federal, state or local government healthcare organizations.
- Experience with creating, organizing, analyzing and managing large healthcare-related data sets and using statistical software (e.g. SAS, R, Stata, SPSS).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to understand and respond to multiple internal and external stakeholder demands and manage and handle conflict constructively with limited supervisory support.
- Ability to define, communicate, and execute strategic plans.
- Progressively senior experience with and demonstrated skills in managing projects, staff and organizational teams.
- Served in one or more leadership roles that demonstrate capacity for senior-level organizational, staff, and project management.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including experience in developing both short issue briefs and memos and longer reports, as well as the ability to explain complicated policy concepts and quantitative results in a concise manner.
- Minimum of 15+ years of combined experience in health economics and outcomes research, or directly related field.
- Advanced Degree MPH, MA/MS, MBA, or PhD (preferred) or other graduate degree in health services research, health policy, public health, public administration, statistics, economics, or other related fields.
- Areas of specialized experience may include:
- Access to care
- Value based purchasing
- Payment policy
- Managed care
- Prescription drug policy
- Medicare-Medicaid dual eligible populations
- Medicaid or Medicare data systems
- Health care quality; and Health care financing.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job