Project Cost Analyst, Windsor Mill, MD
Our client is seeking a Project Cost Analyst for a contract to direct hire opportunity in Windsor Mill, MD.
- The Project Cost Analyst is responsible to provide accurate and timely financial support to the CMS HIDS program management team, the Accounting team, and ultimately data to the CMS customer.
- The Project Cost Analyst is responsible for but not limited to: cost analysis, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support as well as development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
- Monitors costs and Client ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number. Prepares accurate and complete variance analysis reporting, and supports Project Management Review (PMR) presentations for management.
- Assists in the preparation of estimates at completion (EACs) and meets deadlines for submission requirements.
- Prepares financial reporting for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and timely. Monitors funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
- Supports Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) as required obtaining invoice and billing approvals. Works with PMs, and the Accounting team to resolve discrepancies.
- Supports pricing and performs ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business or related field is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy with MS Excel.
- 3+ years of related experience in accounting operations and a solid understanding of procurement best practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Knowledge of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations preferred.
- Familiarity of standard government contract terms and contract types (i.e. CPFF, FFP, T&M, Cost-Reimbursement, Labor- Hour) preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas)
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including