The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
DevOps Architect, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a DevOps Architect for a contract to hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
The DevOps Architect will focus on DevOps and CI/CD initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across our government program. The architect will work within a hybrid Cloud and on-premise data center environment and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud and DevOps technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. The Architect will provide architectural solutions for our Federal customers, and provide deep technical expertise that encompasses all facets of Cloud and DevOps services, including solution, scoping and delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps technology trends and standards, both from a business and technical viewpoints.
- Experience in DevOps architecture, CI/CD, and platform automation.
- Understanding of software development processes and principles.
- Solid understanding of Security / Information Assurance best practices.
- Experience with public cloud technologies including AWS and Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security, etc.).
- Experience with automation and configuration management using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or equivalent.
- Experience with source control using GIT or similar (CVS, SVN, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration environments using Jenkins or similar.
- Experience designing and implementing container infrastructure, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Extensive understanding of and ability to solution service offerings across:
- Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL).
- Application Development and Maintenance (including a basic understanding of various programming languages, and SOA).
- System Integration and Management (including multiple SDLC methodologies, CMMI, and IEEE);
- Operations and Maintenance.
- Comprehensive understanding of Government procurement policies and practices across the business development life-cycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development).
- Ability to strategize and develop complex responses to Government solicitations.
- Must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing a client’s As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a roadmap to achieve the To-Be vision based on a Cloud Architect scalability.
- Produce DevOps Strategy to meet Customer Strategic Goals.
- Must have hands on experience helping clients create a coordinated strategy for adopting DevOps and CI/CD practices for enterprise-wide use.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux;
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment (AWS, Azure, VMware, etc).
- Experience in scripting using one or more of the following languages: Java, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Certifications: CISSP, AWS or Azure Certified Solutions Architect, VCP, RHCA
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas)
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job