The Cloud Engineer will focus on cloud initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across our government program. This positon will work within a Cloud and on-premise data center environment and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position will provide cloud solutions support and design insight into our Federal customer’s infrastructure, providing deep technical expertise that encompasses all facets of Cloud services, including solution, scoping and delivery.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution.
- Be versed in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies.
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
- Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
- Share the leading practices with internal team members and clients.
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, security officers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams.
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers.
- Deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including:
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, Automation and DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Virtualization, Vmware, Openshift, Cloudforms.
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds.
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies.
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage.
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies.
- B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- 5+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (Azure or AWS).
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Experience with Red Hat Cloudforms, Red Hat OpenShift.
- Extensive AWS experience.
- VMware architectural experience.
- RedHat administration experience.
- Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies.
- Practical experience implementing AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Automation experience with Puppet and Chef
Experience programming in Ruby.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- Production experience with deployment and management of AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Preferred Certifications: MCTS: Cloud/Azure AWS: Certified Solutions Architect - Professional CISSP, VMware: VCP, Red Hat: RHCA
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.