Oracle Production DBA, Rockville, MD
Our client is seeking an Oracle Production DBA for a contract to hire opportunity in Rockville, MD.
- Determines database requirements for projects and ensures that new systems comply with database strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot complex database issues and collaborate with development staff to aid in application-level troubleshooting.
- Experience with Oracle 11G and 12C in a 24x7 production environment.
- Expert knowledge of DBMS and admin tools, performance and monitoring tools. (OEM, Irwin, Toad, etc.)
- Experience with PL-SQL package implementation and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of administering Oracle in Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with Unix Shell scripting, Perl, Python, or other scripting languages
- Maintain current patching levels for Oracle DBMS systems.
- Experience building and supporting a production database infrastructure, including backups, monitoring/alerting, performance metric monitoring.
- Experience optimizing Oracle for ETL and Business Intelligence tools.
- Establishes corporate standards for disaster recovery, data retention and database security and monitors industry standards.
- Provides implementation and ongoing support.
- Translates detailed design into physical database structures and performs database testing.
- Builds and supports required database test environments.
- Provides technical expertise and DBMS configuration.
- Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
- Demonstrates a mastery of cutting edge technologies to leverage when making strategic decisions.
- BS/BA degree in computer science or information systems or related field.
- 10 or more years of information systems experience including 10 or more years of database administration experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Expert business, technical design and database administration knowledge required.
- Performs project management tasks, including estimation, status reports and scope management.
- Strategic thinking and ability to prioritize tasks to meet the business needs required.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry standard DBA tools and database access methods.
- Proficiency implementing new DBMS features and functionality preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.