Automation Test Engineer, Columbus, OH
Our client is seeking an Automation Test Engineer for a contract opportunity in Columbus, Ohio.
- The Automation Test Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of automated testing code using Selenium to assist the development team in ensuring high quality software releases.
- This position will be responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of automated scripts using approved automation tools.
- In addition, the position is responsible for creating metrics and increasing test coverage using the automated systems.
- This is responsible for evaluation of new software tools for possible integration into the existing suite of testing tools that are being utilized by the software development team.
- Design and create automated test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for implementation.
- Work with the QA Manager and Software Development Manager to define process and strategy associated with automation testing.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope/delivery dates.
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content.
- Provide internal status to Project Management. This includes tasks such as providing daily/weekly status and or any other impromptu requests from the Test Manager.
- Strong proficiency in Selenium and automation testing.
- Ability to help set up an automation testing environment using Selenium.
- Strong understanding of web applications and batch processing.
- Solid knowledge of client server, object-oriented, web-based systems/web services and environments and related tools & technology.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Word, EXCEL.
- Demonstrated experience with TFS and knowledge of C#, VB, and /or Java preferred.
- Prior experience/knowledge with automation testing 3-tier SOA web architectures preferred.
- Proficiency in CodedUI for automation testing is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.