The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Windows Administrator, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Windows Administrator for a Contract opportunity Manassas, VA.
- Performs the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of networks and computer systems with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Sets up user accounts on organization's servers.
- Runs necessary system backups.
- Provides technical support and troubleshoot problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks using Microsoft operating systems.
- May perform some programming and may be responsible for script writing.
- Career-Development position within field.
- Requires moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
- Conducts tasks and assignments as directed.
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Primary responsibility will be supporting Windows servers and desktops in the enterprise environment, physical and virtual, and the VDI desktop environment.
- Assist with the monthly patching of servers and desktops using SCCM tool.
- Perform scheduled weekend and after-hours work, as well as after-hours emergency work, as required.
- Support and troubleshoot issues associated with systems within a multi-tier and multi-lifecycle environment.
- Test, document, and implement new products in compliance with security policies.
- Related Work Experience: 4+ years.
- Knowledge of common Network Operating Systems, Desktop Operating Systems, and Email Server Systems, Microsoft Windows Systems, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Sever 2008/2012 operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office product capability and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of other server-based software packages including Symantec, EndPoint, BackupExec, NetBackup, and SCCM.
- Knowledge of SAN and vSAN technologies.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communications.
- Prior knowledge working with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. desired
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job