The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Product Owner, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Product Owner for an immediate contract opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
The Product Owner plays a crucial role within a driven, Product Team to make our client's website the best place to shop and engage with their Brand. This individual is responsible for understanding complex business opportunities, support in designing solutions to those problems, and ensuring the product satisfies the business objectives while providing consumers with rich and relevant experiences. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a desire to deeply understand business opportunities and solutions, and an ability to dissect complex processes into clear actionable units.
- Partner with Product Manager to shape the roadmap, understand the product vision, and define features that support the product strategy.
- Conduct market observation exercises and partner with key stakeholders to identify E-Commerce business opportunities and scope solutions.
- Aggregate input from management and stakeholders to identify and prioritize features, epics and user stories according to business value and customer experience.
- Elicit and capture complete and unambiguous user requirements with complete acceptance criteria. Partner with development to break down user stories into workable units.
- Own the quality and accuracy of the requirements, and communicate changes and decisions to the Product Manager and teammates.
- Iterate on designs with UX/UI team members.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum ceremonies to maintain a groomed backlog, facilitate daily status updates, plan for releases, and provide feedback for sprint retrospectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize voice of the customer into the product backlog. Understand the competitive landscape for your "product" and help suggest / stimulate / drive innovation.
- Manage the product schedule via sprint planning, prioritization of features, and understanding of project milestones.
- Regularly analyze website performance and customer feedback and respond quickly to diagnose and address issues or optimize the consumer experience.
- In collaboration with the analytics team, create Usability, A/B, Multivariate tests to continuously improve consumer experience and drive improvements in key metrics or engagement.
- Routinely report out to management and stakeholders to provide visibility into the product backlog, clarity on prioritization decisions, and updates to feature releases.
- BS/BA with academic focus in Computer Science or similar. Business Analysis Certification a plus.
- Software development lifecycle using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Agile concepts.
- JIRA or similar.
- E-Commerce technologies and concepts. In particular, experience with transactional websites is required.
- Proven track record utilizing strong problem solving and analytical skills to understand business challenges and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
- 5 Years of proven experience in business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, and verification using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex and technical concepts tailored to appropriate level based on audience, and the courage to ask compelling and clarifying questions to ensure accuracy and understanding.
- Proven success facilitating meetings that motivate the team, encourage participation, remain on topic, and generate expected outcomes.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure in a challenging fast paced environment with tight deadlines. Balances team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently and deliver on commitments.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job