The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Jr. DevOps Engineer, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Jr. DevOps Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The Jr. DevOps Engineer:
- compiles, builds, stages and deploys software within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- contributes to the DevOps automatation and executes deployments and releases from a Developer's workstation through development and test cycles up to production.
- is capable of contributing to problem resolution as part of troubleshooting efforts.
- works as a team member on a cross-disciplinary teams and is part of a wider DevOps community.
- Perform daily DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD).
- Compile, build and deploy activities utilizing CI/CD software management and development tooling (Jenkins, Git, Maven, etc).
- Develop the automation of jobs/scripts using Ansible and Jenkins.
- Automation testing and standardization of automation best practices.
- Troubleshoot, communicate, and resolve issues during the process. Provides off hour urgent code deployment support as needed.
- Develop, maintain and peer review all necessary DevOps CI/CD documentation.
- 2-4 years of prior DevOps experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Related Work Experience:
- Well versed in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Solid understanding of Linux/Unix and Solaris based OS
- Strong understanding and experience with Ansible and Jenkins.
- Exposure to infrastructure configuration management (provisioning, service configuration orchestration, monitoring).
- Hands-on experience with products such as:
- Ansible Playbooks
- CJE /Jenkins (preferred)/Nexus
- Bash and Python scripting
- Scripting: ant, shell, perl and Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet timelines and urgent requests
- Ability to read and follow documentation and provide feedback
- Solid knowledge of SQL, compilation of source code into packages used for deployment and previous
- employment with a US Federal Government datacenter and solid understanding of DEV-OPS.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job