The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Data Scientist, Chantilly, VA OR Annapolis Junction, MD
Our client is seeking a Data Scientist for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Chantilly, VA OR Annapolis Junction, MD.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
- The Data Scientist performs a pivotal and critical position supporting the development and implementation of complex solutions for the Affordability Care Act (ACA) and its many provisions.
- This position works closely with Senior Management and Customers to conceptualize and define solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- The project involves supporting the complex data analytics, business intelligence, and reporting necessary to provide decision support services for business areas operating under the purview of the ACA.
- Our client's solution leverages leading edge technology to support and analyze modern health care policy, providing an incredible opportunity to apply and grow your skills.
- This position is a combination of a technical Data analyst (60%) and the more traditional technical developer (40%) role.
- It is a hands-on role in terms of running queries against XML and Hive databases in support of analysis, QA, data profiling and report reconciliation.
- Opening and mining data from a relational database in Hive and xml files for the purpose creating reports.
- Analyze large IT systems and identify metrics to measure and improve business efficiency.
- Writing HiveQL / SQL queries to populate databases or creating recon reports.
- Review data diagrams to understand entity relationships and data values that define uniqueness.
- Analyze data to confirm relationships and identify potential data quality issues.
- Capability to lead discussions and meetings.
- Work closely with Customers to assess complex business needs. Identify and define client business requirements based on evolving policy directives. This includes proposing processes for business analysis and workflow, identifying key performance indicators, and developing the system requirements to support the business
- Work closely with the delivery teams to ensure solutions are developed to meet/exceed our customer expectations
- Define the scope of the effort, the key resources and critical activities to contribute to LOE discussions.
- Apply a solid understanding of the business needs and available data to propose and document design requirements. Documentation includes the Requirements Traceability Matrix, report layouts, reporting dimensions, and data mapping data from CVS file elements.
- 3+ years of hands on SQL / XML experience in Unix environment, preferably using Hadoop
- 5+ years in a Data analyst role on software implementation projects
- Experience developing and documenting business requirements, Interface Control documents, and business intelligence reporting requirements for business intelligence, master data management and functional-data projects.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job