The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Software Test Engineer, Annapolis, MD
Our client is seeking a Software Test Engineer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Annapolis, MD.
- Design and create test plans and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Review requirements, user stories and technical design documents and provide timely feedback
- Ensure the traceability of functional test cases to system requirements
- Automate existing manual test cases
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test the application
- Discover novel ways to test performance, scalability and security using quality process and analysis
- Work with the engineering team to help define the testing strategies and build appropriate test environments and test harnesses
- Communicate progress with team members through test case reviews and daily scrum meetings
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Troubleshoot identified bugs and provide documentation on resolutions and workarounds
- Work in agile development environment
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures to meet ISO guidelines adopted by the company
- 3-5 years of experience with structured and exploratory testing methodologies is required
- 3+ years of QA automation experience is required
- 3+ years scripting experience in one or more mainstream scripting languages (bash, Perl, Python)
- Proven experience developing test cases and test plans
- Experience working with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, FishEye, Crucible)
- Familiarity with testing on a Linux environment
- Hands on experience testing enterprise applications using CICD pipelines
- Knowledge of virtualization environments is a plus
- Experience with WireShark or equivalent tools
- Motivated, proactive, detailed-oriented and a team player
- Good understanding of agile and SCRUM development principle
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job