Senior UX Designer
Our client is seeking a Senior UX Designer for a direct hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD and Washington, DC.
You will work with government clients on their initiatives to modernize CMS services and products used by healthcare providers and other healthcare-affiliated users. Personas range from floor nurses, to statisticians, to data entry clerks. Your work will affect the lives of millions of Americans treated under Medicare.
The Senior UX Designer’s role will be twofold: 1) To work in a small enterprise UX team collaborating with clients and partners to implement strategic, enterprise-level human-centered design (HCD), including service design, across multiple business lines and dozens of applications to improve cross-team collaboration and cross-product consistency; and 2) To serve as UX designer on a small project team managing the HCD-driven implementation of IT service management software across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, end users, affiliated UX teams across lines of business, and your own UX team to identify and design services for people who interact with the Centers for Clinical Standards and Quality at CMS.
- Collaborate within the UX team and with clients and partners (including other UX teams embedded with business lines) to produce an enterprise design system for agile UX at scale:
- Style guide: Leverage existing design assets specific to individual lines of business and create an enterprise style guide that incorporates previous work while being extensible for the rest of the enterprise.
- Guidelines: Create design principles and editorial guidelines for distributed teams to follow.
- Identify gaps in UX practice across the enterprise and opportunities for improvement through initiatives such as coaching, communities of practice, and training.
- Lead stakeholder interviews with business stakeholders and end users of enterprise IT service management software.
- Conduct user research in the form of interviews, focus groups, surveys, usability testing, and analysis of data such as web application analytics and help desk tickets.
- Create user personas, user journeys, content inventories, wireframes or prototypes, and service blueprints to propose and communicate design decisions with stakeholders and the integrated project team.
- Lead UX-related meetings with required stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of UX experience including projects that span a significant user base (greater than 500 end users). Enterprise or business application experience strongly preferred.
- A portfolio showing visual design and branding artifacts, as well as other UX design artifacts such as case studies or prototypes
- Experience in Agile development (Agile UX), new technologies and strong communications skills:
- Excellent client relationship and team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting your work to clients and partners
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job