Our client is seeking a Portfolio Manager for a dire hire opportunity in Windsor Mill, MD.
The Portfolio Manager will lead and oversee our support of defining, implementing, and showing the value of portfolio management as well as continuing the development, promotion, and support for the clients’ strategic plan and execution of their strategies. This includes ensuring quality deliverables and services, client responsiveness and satisfaction, contractual responsiveness and compliance, enterprise risk and issue management, enterprise communications management, and support for organic growth opportunities. The Portfolio Manager will work closely with our federal counterparts to drive the client organization forward, ensuring that value is provided on strategic and tactical levels, and there is a pathway in place to help the organization to reach its goals.
- Develop and implement standardized, consistent, and visible portfolio management processes across the enterprise, and a framework to plan, create, assess, balance, and communicate the status of execution of the portfolio of IT and security projects. Implement this framework to operationalize ongoing monitoring of the portfolio.
- Align portfolio management framework and activities with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) ideas and principles.
- Define models for value, risks, costs, benefits, and portfolio metrics, and perform analysis on each project and the portfolio overall to ensure alignment to business and strategic objectives.
- Apply weighting and scoring against information and data in order to prioritize and rank investments; perform “what-if” analysis to prioritize IT investments.
- Derive information from the strategic intent, strategic plan, and business and strategic objectives to help inform project “go/no-go” decisions in consultation with clients, to help maintain optimal alignment.
- Develop common business classification and governance that communicates and defines the principles, policies, guidelines, criteria, accountability, and control mechanisms.
- Provide training and ensure coordinated reporting, tracking, and monitoring actions among all Programs and all contractor teams across the LOBs in support of the portfolio management processes.
- Set up efficient and effective communications with the stakeholders to ensure adoption of these processes.
- Establish governance structure to support portfolio management, leveraging and extending current governance operations.
- Make recommendations for improving processes and planning to assist in achieving more value for stakeholders
- Ensure coordination of the integration of various project plans
- Evaluate and implement metrics and processes related to managing quality control and project/program performance.
- Implement and administer a toolset to support portfolio management activities
- Support the client’s Strategic Plan through thought leadership, identification of new goals and strategies that support business needs, update the existing strategic plan, organize, run, and improve quarterly strategic planning sessions that are implemented using the SAFe model.
- Support and fulfill all portfolio management, contract, and Tantus level reporting obligations
- Supervise a team, ensuring employee satisfaction, career growth, and quality of deliverables
- Support corporate activities and expectations as required
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years in Portfolio Management.
- 5+ years in program management, managing multiple projects.
- 10+ years project management experience minimum.
- Experience supporting strategic planning, portfolio management, and large organizational change initiatives.
- Strong executive presence, directive, but tactful communications style, demonstrable strategic thinking and leadership.
- Agile certification, SAFe certification preferred.
- Extensive understanding of the PMI PMBOK and Portfolio Management approach, PMP certification, PMP preferred.
- Experience with CMS XLC processes preferred.
- Understanding of CMMI ML3 processes preferred.
- Understanding of various development lifecycles and how they differ.
- Strong analytical experience.
- Ability to coordinate a team and provide direction for their personal development; 10+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated skill in the management and control of schedule, funds, and resources.
- Demonstrated ability in managing complex multi-task projects and multiple projects at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project risks and issues.
- Excellent client and team building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Federal government agency work experience is desired; understanding of the
- CMS environment is greatly preferred.
- Experience using project management toolsets such as the Atlassian Suite, Microsoft Project (Enterprise Edition preferred), as well as Microsoft Office Suite (particularly, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio) proficiency.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job