The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Linux Administrator, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Linux Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD. Metro accessible and parking available.
Excellent mid-level opportunity to support and advance with an organization supporting this 5+ year contract!
- Respond to alerts by enterprise monitoring across all systems managed by the team and provide daily operational status
- Assist in updating disaster recovery plans and testing continuity of operations
- Work within help desk ticketing system to document all work performed and communication with clients
- Deliver weekly reports to supervisor; project based communications as required
- BS in a Computer Science or Engineering field and years related experience or a Masters or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of two years experience supporting RedHat and Windows Server platforms
- Requires experience with RedHat 7
- Minimum of two years experience supporting LAMP Stack in a hosting environment
- Minimum of two years experience in automation and scripting (Python, PowerShell)
- Prior ticketing experience, such ServiceNow or Remedy
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Prefer five years directly related experience
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience with VMWare or RHEL implementations
- Experience supporting Cisco UCS or HP C7000 Blade Chassis
- Experience implementing Plesk or cPanel in a hosting environment
- Experience implementing RedHat Satellite and RedHat Ansible
- Experience with WordPress/Drupal administration
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud platforms
- Knowledge or experience with Storage Area Networks
- Certifications: RHCSA, RHCE, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCP/MTA
- Experience working at NIH
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job