The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Cisco Network Engineer, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Cisco Network Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD. Metro accessible and parking available.
Excellent mid-level opportunity to advance within an organization supporting this 5+ year contract!
- Provide technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, gateways, etc.
- Design and deploy Cisco ACI network hardware and periodically review configurations for optimal performance.
- Implement and maintain data center network configuration for disaster recovery testing and continuity of operations
- Create and update network diagrams, SOP’s and process documentation for internal tracking and client submission
- Conduct packet capture and operational analysis to assist with application performance issues
- Collaborate with all teams to smoothly and rapidly address network vulnerabilities or implement new system features
- Respond to alerts by enterprise monitoring across all systems managed by the team and provide daily operational status
- Work within help desk ticketing system to document all work performed and communication with clients
- Deliver weekly reports to supervisor; project based communications as required
- BS in a Computer Science or Engineering field and five years related experience or a MS and three years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Five years experience supporting Cisco and VMWare platforms
- Strong skills supporting and troubleshooting L2 and L3 networks in a hosting environment
- Strong skills in automation, scripting and SDN Technologies
- Prior ticketing experience, such ServiceNow or Remedy
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience with Cisco NX-OS and ACI implementations
- Experience with Wireshark or related packet capture analysis tools
- Experience supporting Cisco ACI and UCS environments
- Experience supporting networks in VMWare environments
- Experience supporting backup hardware and software (StoreOnce, Veeam)
- Experience with wire data analytics solutions (ExtraHop, Splunk, DynaTrace)
- Knowledge of web application firewalls (Imperva)
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP Telephony
- Knowledge of networking in AWS and Azure Cloud platforms
- Knowledge or experience with Storage Area Networks
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, Network+, Security+
- Experience working at NIH
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job