Security Operations Engineer, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Security Operations Engineer for a contract-to-perm opportunity in Manassas, VA
The Security Operations Engineer is responsible for implementing security tools, security tool usage, keeping tools upgraded and configured properly, etc. The Security Operations Engineer provides oversight and subject matter expert to SOC and Security Analysts. The Security Operations Engineer is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining security systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, networks, databases, and Web-based assets.
- Conducts vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, networks, databases and Web-based assets for potential system breaches. Recommends and implements changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responds to alerts from information security tools. Report, investigate, and resolve security incidents.
- Responds to security tool outages, degradations in service, tune security rules and alerts, and setup/maintain security tool dashboards and reporting.
- Researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach. Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- Educates and communicates security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- ANSI 17024 related certification required. CEH, CISSP, or GIAC preferred (must have at hire or within 90 days of hire as this is a contractual requirement for our team)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and/or in a team setting.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, follow-through and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to create clear concise technical documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to manager both internal and external customers.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in at least one of the following areas: Windows, RHEL, Solaris, or Networking.
- Prior experience in the deployment, installation, and configuration of security tools.
- Prior experience with 2 or more vendor products, to include: Splunk, Tripwire, Nessus (Tenable), FireEye, Cisco SourceFire/FirePOWER, Websense/Blue Coat/Palo Alto or a similar URL filtering appliance, Trend Micro, Nexus Auditor and Firewall, and Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Prior experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Demonstrated work experience with the following: computer networking, cryptography, security engineering and architecture, vulnerability assessments, or operating systems required.
- Proven experience in performing administration functions of Linux/UNIX & Windows systems, network, firewall, and DNS experience.
- Prior experience with Cloud security is a plus.
- Prior experience in incident response preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job