Cloud Engineer, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Cloud Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
The Cloud Engineer will focus on cloud initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across our government program. This positon will work within a Cloud and on-premise data center environment and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position will provide cloud solutions support and design insight into our Federal customer's infrastructure, providing deep technical expertise that encompasses all facets of Cloud services, including solution, scoping and delivery.
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, security officers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals to implement Cloud services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client issues with cloud and Red Hat OS related trouble tickets.
- Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CISSP, VMware VCP, Red Hat RHCA
- Related Work Experience: 4-6 Years
- Extensive AWS experience
- VMware architectural experience
- RedHat administration experience
- Working knowledge of SAN storage technologies
- Practical experience implementing AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Automation experience with Puppet and Chef, Experience programming in Ruby
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment
- Production experience with deployment and management of AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds
- Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
- Strong analytical problem solving ability
- Good presentation skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage
- Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience
- 5+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (Azure or AWS)
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.