The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior FISMA Security Assessment Lead, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior FISMA Security Assessment Lead for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
The position will lead a team of security assessors, responsible for assuring the implementation of the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) security controls for all systems.
- Manage a program assessment from initiation to final reporting.
- Prepare required assessment documentation.
- Lead a team of assessors to fully, and accurately evaluate a system’s security posture.
- Assist in process improvement and automation for the assessment methodology.
- Conduct technical evaluation of information system design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation according to the NIST Risk Management Framework.
- Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches.
- Review program documentation such as Risk Assessments, Security Plans, and Contingency Plans.
- Conduct periodic assessments of contractor facilities, as needed, to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements, as needed.
- Create and deliver project delivers accurately and on time.
- Other project support, as needed.
- 5+ years exp with Federal Accreditation testing, a degree may be substituted for some years of experience.
- Understanding of the operation of relational and noSQL data base systems (Oracle, My SQL, MapReduce, etc.).
- Understanding of mainframe systems (RACF, Z/OS, Z/VM, Connect:Direct, storage, etc.).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux, Windows systems.
- Understanding of PaaS, IaaS, SaaS (AWS, Azure, Salesforce).
- Understanding of network-based protection systems.
- Understanding of information management and protection systems (AV, Patch management, etc.).
- Understanding of system privacy controls.
- CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, or equivalent certifications.
- Understanding of System Security design (3-zone, proxies, etc.).
- Understanding of application development methods (Dev/Ops specifically).
- Understanding of systems hardening methods and standards (GPOs, STIGS, etc.).
- Candidate must be a great communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to work with a group as well as independently.
- Must be available/able to travel up to 25%.
- Experience in team oversight.
- Experience in Federal security certification and accreditation.
- Expertise in NIST 800-53 policies and implementation.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a team player, organized, and detail oriented.
- Degree/post graduate Degree in a computing/software/technology related subject, or equivalent.
- Experience with HIPAA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Familiarity with applicable HHS and CMS policies, procedures and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance and information management.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job