The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
FISMA Security Penetration/Application Vulnerability Tester, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a FISMA Security Penetration/Application Vulnerability Tester for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
The position will be part of an assessment team that is responsible for assuring the implementation of the Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) security controls for all systems.
- Assess security controls for various systems.
- Assess application security to close finding or test vulnerabilities (utilizing burp suite).
- Assist in process improvement and automation for the assessment methodology.
- Conduct evaluations of information system components, management, and design, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation according to the NIST Risk Management Framework.
- Utilize various information system inspection tools to audit systems, analyze potential vulnerabilities and identify mitigation approaches.
- Review program documentation such as Risk Assessments, Security Plans, and System Design Documentation.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of contractor facilities as needed to ensure compliance with security requirements tailoring requirements, as needed.
- Create and submit deliverables accurately and on time.
- Other project support, as needed.
- 5 years of experience with application testing, a degree is preferred and may be substituted for some years of experience but not all.
- Application penetration testing tool experience (e.g. burp suite, Core, ZAP).
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10.
- Understanding of the operation of relational and noSQL data base systems (Oracle, My SQL, MapReduce, etc.).
- Experience in Unix/Linux, Windows systems.
- Understanding of network-based protection systems.
- Understanding of information management and protection systems (AV, Patch management, etc.).
- Understanding of System Security design (3-zone, partitioning, etc.).
- Understanding of application development methods (Dev/Ops specifically).
- Understanding of systems hardening methods and standards (GPOs, STIGS, etc.).
- Candidate must be a great communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to work with a group as well as independently.
- Must be available/able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Report writing experience.
- Experience with program security and information systems security best practices.
- Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
- GXPN, GPEN, KLCP, CEH, or equivalent certifications.
- Experience in Federal security certification and accreditation.
- Understanding of NIST 800-53 policies and implementation.
- Experience with HIPAA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Familiarity with applicable HHS and CMS policies, procedures and operating instructions related to program security, information assurance and information management.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job