SQL Server DBA, Washington, D.C.
Our client is seeking a SQL Server DBA for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Maintain and create new document as it relates to the database environment
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
Must have the following Technical Skills:
- SQL Server operations experience using version 2008 and 2016
- Experience with SQL 2016 AlwaysOn
- SQL Server Cluster experience using version 2008 and 2016
- Knowledge of installing configuring and managing SQL in a virtual environment
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications ( e.g SCOM, Erwin )
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell, VBScript, WSH
- Some knowledge of Oracle database administration
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
- Understanding of database performance tuning and optimization
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure documentation.
- Ability to effectively collect business requirements, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to collaborate with others effectively. Must be able to work on tedious research data, sustain accuracy of database(s) and make corrections in a timely manner
- U.S. Citizens/Green Card ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.