The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Medicare Program Leader, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Medicare Program Leader for a contract or contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
NOTE: Possible additional work locations to include McLean, VA and/or remote.
- Lead large, complex client engagement teams in delivery work related to Medicare program policy design options, benefit plan design, value based purchasing payment strategies, quality data reporting as well as providing business and systems expertise for Medicare enterprise system transformation.
- Be prepared to work in a collaborative team environment, delivering policy advice, operations and systems information expertise to public sector leaders.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive sponsors participating in develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Responsible for people development serving as a counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the staffing process, actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities, provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in Federal Government and large health plan organizations; big consulting firm experience; an advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise around the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) policy guidance and approval process.
- Experience working with Medicare fee-for-service and managed care operations, appeal and grievances, payment processes and performance incentives.
- Experience working with Medicare data sets, including quality measures and ratings as well as claims and encounter data.
- Experience analyzing legislation and regulatory guidance to develop business roles and identify impact to client systems and operations.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Experience functioning as integrators between business needs and technology solutions.
- Experience leading and delivering large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Experience identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Experience implementing and overseeing the quality of deliverables and effectively managing the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Experience in participating in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- A track record of leading large complex engagements according to the scope, work plan, quality standards and budget.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- Ability to work independently; lead large complex teams focused on specific work streams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive leadership presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job