The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Health Economist, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Health Economist for a contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
Note: Will need to be on-site at client in Woodlawn approximately 2-3 days/week. Remote options outside of that.
- Work collaboratively with senior government sponsors and our client's colleagues to develop a problem definition and draft documents for economic impact analyses.
- Develop new economic models and perform statistical and economic analyses.
- Present findings from economic impact analysis work in non-technical language to senior government sponsors and interdisciplinary teams of colleagues (both verbally and writing).
- Contribute to the development of regulatory impact analyses sections of proposed and final rules regulated to physician payment models.
- Deliver strategic advice and counsel to HHS, DOD, VA, and other healthcare entities for the advancement of health outcomes.
- Oversee the economic impact of work of multiple partner organizations (subcontractors) to ensure that the analyses are conducted with strong analytic methods and communicated clearly, and meet tight timelines.
- Develop working relationships across all levels of staff, management and executives to leverage the corporation's deep experience across a broad set of domains.
- Participate in and lead highly functional and creative teams while building knowledge and working relationships across the Corporation.
- Serve as a resource to other staff in health economics area, including company health care experts with backgrounds in law, health IT and other fields.
- Graduate degree in health economics, behavioral economics public health, or a related field with 5 or more years of experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate analyses and findings to various stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly present findings from economic analyses (verbally and in writing) to senior government officials.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead, manage, and conduct multiple types of technical and economic analyses (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, statistical).
- Ability to create high quality work products with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in briefing senior OMB and CMS officials about economic analysis.
- Prior experience in conducting regulatory impact analyses.
- Ph.D. in health economics, behavioral economics, public health or related field.
- Consultancy and customer relationship interaction experience.
- Experience in conducting and overseeing statistical and economic analyses using large administrative datasets from CMS.
- Extensive knowledge of CMS health care payment models.
- Experience as a federal contractor officer representative or similar role.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job