Sr. API Middleware Java Engineer, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Sr. API Middleware Java Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
NOTE: US Citizenship required due to government client requirements.
Seeking a Java Engineer to help fashion the next generation of software for the US Courts. This key position will be instrumental in the conception, creation, planning, implementation and maintenance of new production systems. The majority of the work will be the instantiation and hosting of APIs to interconnect systems.
The position will adhere to the ASO development framework and interface with the AO IT operations processes. The candidate will:
- Help establish an API-centric environment either by creating new API interfaces or enhancing existing APIs.
- Support API usage in a diverse data environment across multiple databases and file formats.
- Have Java based API expertise solutions primarily on a middleware platform and occasionally as custom development.
- Provide full life-cycle development including design, development, testing and implementation of projects that support business goals.
- Own of projects/tasks/issues and work them through to completion.
- Develop and maintain architecture and integration documentation.
- Participate in reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture, follow defined guidelines and coding standards and meet user requirements.
- Collaborate with end users and provide exceptional customer service by becoming a trusted business Advisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems Technology or 9 years of equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of Java development and associated tools and processes
- Experience with JBoss Fuse Middleware, or comparable
- Experience with Java Spring, Spring Boot
- Experience with ETL platforms
- Experience with relational database development such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Experience with creating and consuming REST API services
- Experience with other API services such as SOAP, XMLRPC
- Experience with the Model View Controller pattern in the context of web applications
- Project life cycle methodology for application development
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
- Continuous integration tool such as Jenkins
- JIRA work management tool is a plus
- SVN and Git Experience
- Windows and Linux experience
- Familiarity with OpenShift / Docker a plus
- Be flexible, adaptable and creative, yet responsible and accountable
- Efficiently identify problems and resolve them
- Generate novel solutions to problems and go beyond basic libraries
- Custom code, custom solve
- Work a mix of short term and long term deliverables, simultaneously
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be excellent at documentation
- Always offer more than the basic solutions
- Prioritize on delivery to production
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job