Principal Systems Test Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Principal Systems Test Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will assist in executing manual and automated test procedures, creating test procedures, supporting requirements analysis to resolve program intent, development of test case content, reviewing test plan and procedures, and participating in Test Readiness Reviews. Our client's program is on the cutting-edge of health care reform and Information Technology modernization in the United States and is making a difference in the lives of all Americans.
- Develops automated test scripts to validate functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Executes test scripts during internal system testing.
- Documents test issues and works with development team to validate/recreate.
- Define, create, document, verify, and execute test scenarios for systems and pilot tests with focus on functional, regression, and integration testing
- Documents test results for incorporation into the Requirements Traceability and Verification Matrix.
- Responsible for managing defects via Jira or other tools.
- Maintenance of automated regression testing / Jenkins setup.
- Provides support to Client testers during acceptance testing, including test script walkthroughs, document testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
- Performs comprehensive testing in AWS environments.
- Work with technical teams on system requirements and specifications to ensure that requirements are testable and complete. Tests software for sequence and functionality based on requirement specifications.
- Develop and implement program test plans, quality assurance plans, programs, and procedures using the testing tools.
- Oversees tests to ensure that performance and quality products conform to established policy and standards.
- Develops test reports, plans and scenarios.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to software and systems engineering.
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies.
- Interfaces with all program staff to ensure requirements are met.
- Recommends corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.
- Participates in meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years experience, or a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years of experience - OR - an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong hands on experience in Selenium.
- Experience with agile lifecycles.
- Experience in manual and automated testing.
- Experience creating automation for Java and Angular applications.
- Experience with testing tools including: unit testing (e.g., Junit); load testing (e.g., Load Runner); browser testing (e.g., SauceLabs); and, cloud-based performance testing (e.g., SOASTA).
- Experience with collaboration and tracking tools, such as Microsoft Visio, JIRA and Confluence.
- Must be able to perform in an Agile environment.
- Exposure to wide automation concepts, framework & best practices from industry in automating web applications.
- Ability to incorporate individual contributions to automation repository.
- Excellent knowledge in designing & implement customized test automation frameworks as needed. Must have knowledge and experience working with and supporting the development of an overall test Plan and tailored test plans for each release.
- Must have a familiarity with writing database scripts for backend validation.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required per government client requirements.
- Ability to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
- PhD. in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in healthcare industry.
- Healthcare claims, policy and provider experience.
- Experience in Medicare and Medicaid desired.
- Experience in consulting to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job