The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Principal Production Support/DevOps Engineer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Principal Production Support/DevOps Engineer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become an integral part of the development and maintenance of solutions for systems sustainment and modernization in all phases of the software development life cycle. Our program is on the cutting-edge of health care reform and Information Technology modernization in the United States and is making a difference in the lives of all Americans.
- Participate in the system design, developing code, designing and updating GUIs, debugging, testing, documentation, and integrating mods/enhancements into a baseline.
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problem analysis and resolution; and optimizing software production relative to cost constraints.
- Assumes responsibility of software after transfer into production environment. May assist customer in software problems or customer testing.
- Works closely with internal and external customers, software development engineers, architects, and IT operations to ensure timely and efficient disposition of production and operational issues.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Develop and maintain application support knowledgebase and FAQ that documents solutions and work-arounds for known issues.
- Provide technical support, guidance and training to internal production support groups for all computer applications used prior to production.
- Primary resource for troubleshooting and identifying root cause of issues in software from a wide range of technologies, from SQL Server to AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math or related field with 9 years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math or related field with 4 years of experience.
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Big Data (AWS, Hadoop, etc.), RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, etc.).
- Must have programming skills in at least one of the following languages: JAVA, J2EE, Spring Frameworks and Exposure to other frontend technologies like AngularJS, applications, web, and/or processing algorithms.
- Should be familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle including version control (e.g. GIT, CVS, SVN).
- Should be familiar with some level of architectural exposure and knowledge on micro-services.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required per government client requirements.
- Ability to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with DevOps is a plus.
- Experience in healthcare industry and at Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job