Technical Writer - Health Service, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Technical Writer - Health Services for a contract opportunity in Woodlawn, MD. Contract will run until Mid-May.
As part of our client's Business Unit, the candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary matrixed team that is actively defining, eliciting, and documenting requirements, system design, test cases, and business processes.
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of project documentation and artifacts
- Ensures documents are accurate, complete, meet editorial and government specifications, and adhere to standards for quality, format, and style
- Provides feedback to others on revisions needed in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Reviews project artifacts and documents for writing structure, clarity, and template observance
- As applicable, create graphics, diagrams and charts that increase the readers’ understanding and work to clarify complex concepts
- Analyze target audience and determine appropriate level of detail
- Track document progress and revisions and provide status reports to the Project Manager
- Ensure that style guidelines are followed across a project
- Identify opportunities for improved performance, increased effectiveness and efficiency
- 2+ years of IT experience in a position requiring the development of structured written materials and visual aids
- Minimum 2 years of technical writing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to write, edit, and prepare graphic presentations of technical information
- Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience
- Have expert level skills with Microsoft Word
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- An expert in English language and grammar
- Assist with the creation and adherence to the team’s best practices, templates, and style guidelines for all projects
- Proficiency in the use MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with IT Federal contracting
- Experience providing professional IT consultative services
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Growth oriented
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job