The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Infrastructure Project Manager, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking an Infrastructure Project Manager for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- The Infrastructure Project Manager will manage a variety of technology projects related to security, desktops, servers, virtualization, monitoring, patching, data backup, roll out of new tools and technologies to support the desktop, server and software development environments. The qualified candidate will have a strong technical understanding of Data Centers, server infrastructure, storage and backups, security, desktop engineering and tools, and software development. This position will interface extensively with key customer stakeholders to develop business relationships and a deep understanding of their business needs/drivers.
- Responsible for driving all assigned technical project management activities related to desktop, infrastructure, networking, COTS application implementations and desktop/server upgrades.
- Lead and manage projects throughout the entire project lifecycle from inception through deployment and closing.
- Partner effectively with the customer System Owners/Leads and Technical SMEs to drive scoping and planning for the project.
- Control and monitor project budget, scope, schedule, progress, and risks including timely communication to internal and external project stakeholders.
- Provide weekly dashboards/status reports per PMO requirements.
- Prioritize and manage IT requests.
- Support the preparation of cost/effort estimates for internal and external work.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- PMP Certification.
- Excellent track record of Project Management and organizing/leading projects and project teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
- 7+ years of experience managing IT service delivery projects in an enterprise class environment.
- Strong understanding of ITIL/ITSM Service Management principles.
- Ability to develop a positive, supportive, team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to develop and continuously improve project management processes and practices.
- Ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects and teams to meet project milestones, schedules, and scope in alliance with best practices.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document requirements, including validating requirements with stakeholders.
- BA or BS degree in an IT related major
Applicant selected will be subject to a security background investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for a Federal Government Public Trust clearance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job