Sr. Information Security Engineer, White Marsh, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Information Security Engineer for a contract to hire opportunity in White Marsh, MD.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise with the deployment and maintenance of organization's Information Security solutions.
- Responsible for the planning, design, installation, maintenance and support of security safeguard technologies ranging from but not limited; firewalls, intrusion prevention & detection systems, enterprise anti-virus and patching solutions, data leakage prevention, two-factor, threat detection, vulnerability scanners and software deployment tools.
- Works with IT staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
- Provide expertise and guidance around issues while recommending solutions that mitigate and eliminate risk to organization's assets.
- Defines company security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards; develops new standards as necessary.
- Participate in forensics and post-mortem investigations of Information Security incidents while preparing report documents illustrating the findings.
- Ensure that controls are in place and managed properly to meet legal and regulatory compliance of all company network and system infrastructures.
- Assist in the enforcement of security policies from planning, technology safeguards and remediation for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Ensure the development of and adherence to industry standards and best practices for all Information Security related responsibilities. This includes but is not limited to datacenters, networks, telephony, systems, databases and applications.
- Validates and tests security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Reviews and recommends the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration changes that affect or risk security posture.
- Leads InfoSec development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with teams and third parties on security development and support issues.
- Be a member of the Security Incident Response Team. Provides highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame.
- Additional duties and responsibility may apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering, or similar).
- CISSP certification required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of security engineering experience, specifically in networks, systems, database and operations. Extensive expertise in developing and supporting complex security solutions is required.
- Previous Network Engineering or Systems Engineering background preferred.
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data; programming experience is a plus.
- System administration experience in a Windows, Linux and Unix environment.
- Experience securing web applications and a strong understanding of web application design, function, and Secure Software Development Lifecycle.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of OWASP.
- Experience deploying, supporting and safeguarding technologies in Amazon Web Services environments.
- Experience developing technical documents and procedures, topology maps and with various software applications.
- Experience with all aspects of high availability fault tolerant architectures.
- Ability to explain complex ideas and concepts to both a technical and nontechnical audience, in English verbally and in writing.
- Passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to meet business needs (standard forty (40) hour week, with occasional after hours and weekend requirements).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.