Microsegmentation Architect/Sr. Application Security Engineer, Remote
Our client is seeking a Microsegmentation Architect/Sr. Application Security Engineer for a Remote contract to hire opportunity.
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizens ONLY due to government client requirements
Background/Clearance Requirements: Public Trust Background investigation required; must have a current clean financial background.
Work Schedule: Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
- The function of the Microsegmentation Architect/Sr. Application Security Engineer is to design, implement, support and maintain all aspects related on identifying solutions for managing the application segmentation and access to the applications.
- This role requires the implementation of application access control to properly isolate and protect FDIC business sensitive information in support of Application Segmentation key initiative.
- Will report directly to the Network Manager and is ultimately responsible for hands-on operations and engineering activities to ensuring the successful implementation of the Corporation’s financial systems, and working with application teams to create solutions spanning multiple data centers.
- Work with application teams troubleshooting application issues from a network perspective and support the understanding of how applications function on a Network.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly client meetings as necessary
- The successful candidate must have experience with network-based solutions and have had expertise with the roll out of Illumino in an enterprise wide environment; which is not limited for service isolation between networks, server hosts, and applications segmentation between layers 3 through layer 7.
- Minimum of 7 years of network engineering experience in critical data center network environments.
- Expert level knowledge of network administration, architecture and engineering in mission critical applications servicing large enterprise deployments.
- Proven record of accomplishment of engineering and implementing networks servicing large-scale deployments.
- The candidate must possess troubleshooting skills as well as a strong understanding of TCP/IP as it pertains to packet inspection and TCP flow in the Network and Application flows. In addition, the Engineer must possess a very good understanding of DNS functionality.
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and at least two network systems (e.g., Cisco, Juniper) including the implement of Network Access Lists.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
Specific Experience & Exposure:
- Illumino (Comparable other software: Cisco Tetration, VMWare NSX, vArmour)
- Security Vulnerability Mitigation
- Strong infrastructure or operations experience in a UNIX/LINUX/Wintel environments
- Experience configuring and maintaining Security Network Monitoring and control systems such as IPS, IDS, DLP, and firewall or other threat detection and prevention products
- Understanding of Data Center environments and resiliency
- BS degree & 11 years OR Master's & 9 years OR Ph.D & 8 years OR No degree and 15 years
- Network Security Practices
- Familiarity with common monitoring, log aggregation and metrics gathering platforms (Icinga, Sensu, Splunk, Telegraf/InfluxDB, et al.)
- Familiarity with common database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, or similar
- Familiarity with common configuration management & orchestration tools. Experience with or willingness to learn Chef, Ansible, and AWS services & APIs
- Root Cause Analysis
- Post Mortem Analysis
- Citrix NetScaler
- Cisco Routers and Switches (Nexus)
- Juniper MX & SRX routers, EX switch platforms
- Change Management
- OSI Model & Routing Protocols
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job