The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Automation Engineer, Remote
Our client is seeking an Automation Engineer for a Remote contract to hire opportunity.
Citizenship Requirements: US Citizens ONLY due to government client requirements
Background/Clearance Requirements: Public Trust Background investigation required; must have a current clean financial background.
Work Schedule: Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Lead investigation of complex technical challenges on a scale beyond the individual Data Center site, and spanning multiple disciplines such as Hardware, Linux, and Networking
- Seek opportunities to globally improve and innovate using applied machine learning in key areas such as server integration and repairs, documentation and standardization, tooling and automation, and Data Center design and capacity planning
- Leverage existing metrics and define new ones to support troubleshooting of global issues of a complex nature
- Proactively analyze and make use of data through applied machine learning to identify risks and opportunities for efficiency gains.
- Drive tooling improvements through prioritization in tooling road maps, while partnering closely with both Infrastructure Engineering and Operations.
- Develop and create the appropriate use cases for tooling improvements and automation enhancements through the use of applied machine learning
- Requires an IT professional with advanced hands-on technical skills in Networks, Server Hardware and Linux in a Data Center environment with knowledge of applied Machine Learning technologies.
- BS Eng or BA in technical field or commensurate experience.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps development methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of managing servers, programming/scripting, and performing complex projects in a large-scale distributed data center environment is a core competency.
- Experience with automation tools, including Selenium, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, and Ansible.
- Solid communication with cross-functional teams is a requirement, and the role requires ability to remotely collaborate with peers and other teams in complex projects.
- Eexperience with Scripting program languages and automation using PowerShell or Python scripting.
- 7+ years of technical experience in a data center environment
- Knowledge of applied machine learning and its relationship to data center environments
- System knowledge of Linux, server hardware and Data Center automation.
- Experience working with at least one programming language.
- Experience working in Data Center environments, and knowledge of infrastructure found in Data Centers such as cooling, power distribution and fiber-optic cabling
- Experience with configuring and integrating Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, SQL, enterprise network services.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts.
- Knowledge of automation and process improvement through programming holistic solutions, including identifying and implementing automation that delivers value.
- Experience processing and analyzing large data sets.
- Experience interacting with SQL databases and distributed storage systems such as Hadoop.
- Knowledge of networking principles and related technologies, protocols and standards.
- Knowledge with revision control systems such as Mercurial, Git, SVN, and Phabricator.
- Experience with IP network and routing protocol technologies such as OSPF, BGP, etc.
- Experience with routers, switches and firewalls on platforms such as Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and building networks.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job